Tuition and fees are non-refundable. Tuition covers the cost of dance instruction during the academy year, which begins in August and ends the 1st week of June. There will be additional fees if the student participates in optional programs such as Etudes and Excerpts, Ballet Yuma productions and summer dance.
- Annual Tuition Plan: one payment is due on or before the first class of the fall semester.
- Dual Tuition Plan: Fall payment is due on or before the first class of the fall semester. Spring payment is due on or before December 18th, 2021.
- Tuition Installment Plan: initial installment is due on or before the first day of class. Remaining installments are due by the first of October, November, January, February and March.
- Please call 928-314-4762 for information on tuition and payment schedules for upper levels.
A $25 fee will be assessed for any returned check. There will be a $3 fee for any credit transactions taken without card present (over telephone or internet).
Click here for the Academy’s 2021 – 2022 Tuition & Enrollment policy.
Click here for the Academy’s 2021-2022 Registration forms.
Enrollment in the Academy is for the full entire school year. A student may withdraw at any time during the school year by submitting the signed Academy withdrawal form to the office. Upon receiving the withdrawal form, you will be responsible for: Payment in full from the start of the school year to the end of the month in which the written notification is received. For students who paid year or semester in full, the tuition is non-refundable except for extenuating circumstances (injury, family moving, military orders, etc). If a refund is granted, it will be minus the prepayment incentive and a withdrawal fee of $25.00. Click here for Withdrawal form.
Class make-up policy
Make-up classes are available if your child misses class due to illness or other important obligations. Ask your child’s teacher for the appropriate class level and day/time. You must pick up a make-up class card from the front desk and give it to the teacher during roll call. Make-up classes may not be used in lieu of the next month’s tuition payment.
See Calendar for detailed listing of times that the Academy is closed. Classes missed due to Monday holidays can be made-up. All other breaks are not included in the tuition periods.
Upper level classes may be re-scheduled during Ballet Yuma performance weeks of Nutcracker, spring concert, and the Ballet Alliance Festival due to student’s heavy rehearsal commitments.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation during these times.
Performing is an important part of a dancer’s training and experience. All Academy students participate in the end-of-the-year performance, “Etudes & Excerpts”. This is a special opportunity for each dancer to exhibit skills learned during the past year for their families and friends. It is also a wonderful way for a child to experience the joy of performance without the anxiety and stress that a full-length production can impart.
Many Academy students also look forward to working with Ballet Yuma in our holiday production of “The Nutcracker’ as well as our spring “Storybook” ballet series. Participation in Ballet Yuma events requires rehearsal times outside of the student’s regular class schedule.
Academy dancers in the upper levels are encouraged to audition for Ballet Yuma programs for additional stage and performance training.
Please make every effort to outfit your dancer in the appropriate dance clothes. Children feel self conscious if they are dressed differently from the other dancers in their class.
Required style/brand ballet shoes:
Shoes: Bloch Dansoft S0205G/S0205
For best customer service, sizing and price:
Dee’s Dancewear in Phoenix
(602) 867-3340 or (480) 964-6703
Call and say you are from Yuma Ballet Academy. They will help you and UPS your order with 1-day service. **Discount prices for mail orders**
Online option: Discount Dance Supply www.discountdance.com Make sure you use the Academy’s Teacher ID number when ordering to receive special discounts. DDS Teacher ID for the Academy: 105735
Be careful when ordering shoes online; sizing of ballet shoes differs from street shoe size and each type of ballet shoes sizes differently. If you are unsure of sizing, we suggest you order through Dee’s. If you do purchase shoes from an online store, we recommend that you have your child’s teacher check the fit before wearing shoes in class.
Dress Code Requirements
ECD Program and Lower Level Ballet
- Black tank or camisole leotard (no skirt attached, no extra trim or decoration)
- Pink tights with feet
- Pink leather ballet shoes Bloch Dansoft S0205G/S0205
- Hair must be pulled back away from face and secured, preferably in a bun
- Black bike shorts
- White t-shirt and white socks
- Black or white leather ballet shoes
Upper Level Ballet
- Black tank or camisole leotard
- Pink tights with feet; BodyWrappers Style #45/46 recommended
- Pink leather or canvas ballet shoes; pink pointe shoes
- Hair must be pulled back away from face and secured in a bun
- Black bike shorts or tights
- White t-shirt or leotard and white socks
- White leather ballet shoes
- Dance belt
- Any style solid color leotard
- Black footless tights must be Body Wrappers Style #45
- Nude foot undies
- Hair pulled back neatly from face and secured in a bun
- Any solid color t-shirt or leotard
- Black footless tights
- Nude foot undies